Re: Oracle versus MS Sql Server

From: Michael G. Schneider <mgs_at_mgs-software.de>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 08:27:44 +0200

"Galen Boyer" <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:ubsitfq7m.fsf_at_verizon.net...
> On Sat, 27 Oct 2001, mgs_at_mgs-software.de wrote:
>
> Hm... Are you trying to put DBA's in their place? DBA's _only_
> administer the database? You alone are the one who has an issue
> with DBA and what it means.

This thread is really getting out of control.

I, as I did not know it any better, took the words "DBA" = "database administrator" literally. I understood those words as would anybody do, who does not know the former Oracle courses from several years ago. Even if I had looked up the current DBA-courses, I would not have found a concetration on design principles in DBA-education.

I am a software developer. If I am angry about you not realizing from reading the words "software developer" that I also am a great "graphical image designer", this would definitely be my problem. Nobody is forced to think on it's own "he is a software developer, so he does internet development too, so he is an artist too".

Michael G. Schneider Received on Sat Oct 27 2001 - 01:27:44 CDT