Internet access to Oracle8i through a firewall

From: <staryeti_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 18:45:18 GMT

In going through the Google archives, I've seen lots of discussions about how to open your box up for access, but is there any way to restrict what type of process accesses the database? IOW, if I open up port 1523, would I able to hit the database using SQL*Plus, or TOAD, or Java apps, or any other tool? Or is there a way to say "only Java apps can access this database"?

Thanks,
Harry Boswell Received on Fri Oct 26 2001 - 13:45:18 CDT