data load

From: Bryan <bryan_at_compgen.com>
Date: 26 Oct 2001 09:46:07 -0700

Sorry for the cheezy post, but my interface is a little nutz up. At any rate, I had the same problem. It turned out to be a shell ENV scoping issue. It was solved it by exlicitly exporting the following vars in the script that called sqlldr...

	export ORACLE_BASE=/u01/app/oracle
	export ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7
	export ORACLE_SID=imerep01

...I am pretty certain all that was needed was the ORACLE_SID value, but disk space is cheap so I put them all in.

Hope that helps,

Bryan

Original post...

From: kowalsky (ora_00000_at_yahoo.com)
 Subject: data load
 Newsgroups: comp.databases.oracle.server  Date: 2001-06-05 10:37:39 PST

Hi all,
I am trying to load some text files into an Oracle database. I'll try to be as concise as possible.
I built the database following a script in Oracle Database Administration (Kreines/Laskey) from O'Reiley. I did not get any error messages and everything seemed to be OK. I managed to add the database in my DBA Studio and that's when problems began. I launched DBA Studio standalone and I created a user giving it as many privilegies as I could and created a table after I logged in back with that user. However, loading tables is not possible if you're not logged to the Oracle Management Server. I could not build the repository and I did not go back to the GUI.
Working directly on the machine where the database is I tried to use the sqlldr and it gave me the following error:

SQL*Loader-128: unable to begin a session ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist Linux Error: 2: No such file or directory

At the time I tried to execute
$sqlldr kowalsky/***** control=/path/to my contol file.ctl the database was up, the control file was where it was supposed to be and all other lines in the control file were OK. Anybody knows what is my problem ?
Thanks, Received on Fri Oct 26 2001 - 11:46:07 CDT