OEM on Linux

From: Glen A Stromquist <gstromquist_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 16:33:17 GMT

I've been using OEM for awhile now, once I got past the "clunkiness" for lack of a better word, I'm finding it quite usefull and powerfull. I have it running on a 2000 workstation with the repository on the same machine. Since I use this same machine for a test bed and usually have at least one more instance running on it, I'm going to create another repository database to free up resources on my workstation. The new repository would be on another intel box (PII 450), and would like to have this box running on Linux (Suse or Mandrake) if possible.

I was wondering about the following:

Can I also use the Linux box for the management server?, this would allow me to free up even more resources on my workstation.

Would I be able to run apache on linux the same way so I can have browser access to OEM? This is what I am currently doing with my workstation. Or would I have to keep the 2000 box as the management server and just use the linux database as a repository?

thanks in advance Received on Fri Oct 26 2001 - 11:33:17 CDT