Re: Export / System very slow

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 16:24:28 GMT

In a valiant and sublime effort,Felix Seeger frowned, dipped a thumb in soot and doodled:

>We are using Oracle 8.1 on a 2 CPU server with 2GB RAM on Linux (2.4.4
>SMP)
Yeah, but what is the SIZE of the database?

>But be have problems with the export. The export runs over an Weblogic
>Server 6.1.

Keh? It most surely does NOT! Unless we aren't talking about the same thing.

>The CPU is idle and there is a few memory usage.
>
>The most CPU usage comes from top ;)

Typical sign that the problem is comms and some back-and-fro going on at that level.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam Received on Fri Oct 26 2001 - 11:24:28 CDT