What is ORACLE.EXE (PXXX) ???

From: Anonymous <mail_for_deja_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 26 Oct 2001 02:39:24 -0700

When I issue "select terminal, username, program from v$session", I see:

TERMINAL         USERNAME                       PROGRAM
---------------- ------------------------------
------------------------------
HELLO1                                          ORACLE.EXE
HELLO1                                          ORACLE.EXE
HELLO1                                          ORACLE.EXE
HELLO1                                          ORACLE.EXE
HELLO1                                          ORACLE.EXE
HELLO1                                          ORACLE.EXE
USER1            SYSTEM                         F45RUN32.EXE
USER1            SYSTEM                         ORACLE.EXE (P000)
USER1            SYSTEM                         ORACLE.EXE (P002)
USER1            SYSTEM                         ORACLE.EXE (P003)
USER1            SYSTEM                         SQLPLUSW.EXE
USER1            SYSTEM                         ORACLE.EXE (P001)

   What is "ORACLE.EXE (PXXX)"? I found that SYSTEM only login one session with SQL*Plus and one session with Oracle Forms Runtim, but why there are four ORACLE.EXE (PXXX)? (Oracle8i on Windows 2000, client is Windows 98)

David Received on Fri Oct 26 2001 - 04:39:24 CDT