Re: Q: Download Oracle for x86 Solaris

From: Alawi Sayed Naser <alawi_at_Alawi.de>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 00:30:41 +0200

> Hi.
>
> I hope that you are aware, that there is no (and never will be) Oracle
> ver. 9.x.x.x.x for Solaris x86. AFAIK in future Oracle will be ported to
> SPARC Solaris only. So better consider running Oracle on GNU/Linux or
> buy one of those fancy SPARCs.
>
> Gee, I sort of hope, that someone proves me wrong here :) because I
> wasted weeks of my time this summer to move our test database from NT to
> Solaris x86 and the news, that Oracle drops Solaris x86 support in the
> future, kind of made that work worthless.

Yes that what you wrote is right, but I just only try a test server here at home.
And I don't have the money to buy a sparc station. Everything what I want is a running version of oracle for practice . I do all the because I have heard that
a lot of companys use sun + oracle as server.

R.

Alawi Received on Thu Oct 25 2001 - 17:30:41 CDT