High CPU utilization on database !!!

From: Đuro Dretvić <Djuro.Dretvic_at_Infodom.hr>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 23:24:05 +0200

Hi everybody!

I have a database on RDBMS 8.1.7.3.3 on Windows 2000 + service pack 2 Computer has one procesor (pentium 3 - 700 MHz) with 1GB RAM. It is a database for application development. (20 users)

Details of a problem:

Database normaly works fine, but when I start generating a report , CPU usage jump to 99 % and doesn't goes down. When I kill that process, CPU usage returns to normal state. How to resolve this problem ?

Regards D. Received on Thu Oct 25 2001 - 16:24:05 CDT