Re: UTL_FILE

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 21:47:38 +0200

"Shibu Mathew" <shibumathew_at_alliantfs.com> wrote in message news:3004f220.0110251124.784a513c_at_posting.google.com...
> Hello
>
> I used UTL_FILE to write into an Operating System File(HP Unix). Now,
> does UTL_FILE have a function/procedure to empty the file created,
> before writing to the file again. I know that UTL_FILE.PUT_LINE will
> overwirte the file, but to make sure that the file created is new, I
> want to empty the existing file before writing into it again.
> I would really appreciate any answers to the above question.
> Thank You
>
> Shibu Mathews

If you are on 8i, do a
describe utl_file

do you see a suitable procedure?
So the answer is no, it isn't possible and this is really a doc question (Oracle Supplied Package reference or Oracle Desktop Reference by Guy Harrison list them all)

Regards

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Thu Oct 25 2001 - 14:47:38 CDT