Re: OCP 8i->9i Documentation 1Z1-030

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 06:04:23 +1000

Well, that document was my set of notes so that I could teach the ILT 9i New Features course, on the grounds that Oracle's own notes are rather 'functional', and I needed something rather more discursive to work with. With 9iNF, I basically re-wrote the lot from scratch (you'll notice some gaps where either I didn't need to, or I haven't had time to, write it up yet), so that *I* could understand it. If I can understand it, I can teach it!

So the chapter headings are exactly what's on the course, and obviously that means the *general* content is supposed to be covered there, too. But other instructors won't cover it quite the way I do, because that doco. contains *my* words and demos and stuff.

Specifically, cache fusion and bitmap join indexes are most definitely covered (bitmap joins are something of a favourite feature of mine.... God, I must get a life sometime!!)

Regards
HJR

--

Oracle Resources : http://www.geocities.com/howardjr2000

"Chris Boyle" <cboyle_at_no.spam.hargray.com> wrote in message

> Thanks Howard. I wish I would have found this before I took the beta
> version of 9i upgrade. The only material I had to study from was the 2
CDs
> from oracle. They did NOT cover all the information from the checklist
(and
> they seemed to have gone through the typical Oracle QA process i.e. text
> stating the screen shows the details of the new table while actually
> displaying a query etc.) . I even did a web search for Bitmap joins and
> cache fusion to no avail. Was that type of information covered in the ILT
> classes or did you find it someplace I didn't think to look? (and no, I
> don't have the documentation installed on any machines. My home pc
doesn't
> have enough harddrive space to install 9i. )
>

> Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com> wrote in message
> > Visit my site, click on the 'Books' link, and download the 9i New
Features

http://www.oracle.com/education/certification/objectives/index.html?30.html

> > > Is this sort of thing available on oradoc.com?
> > >
> > > Do I dig it out of the server manuals or does Oracle publish some sort
> of
> > > study guide?
> > >
> > > Waiting for Couchman seems silly.

> > -----
> > > / Charles J. Fisher | "A fanatic is one who can't
change