Re: Data extraction using SQL....

From: Pete Finnigan <pete_at_peterfinnigan.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 11:31:35 +0100

Hi

don't know if you can do this so i may be talking complete twoddle. How about connecting MS Access to your Oracle 6 db. Create tables that you need in a later database, say Oracle 8i and then in access also connect to the oarcle 8 DB. Then create "select into's" from the oracle 6DB to the oracle 8 DB. I don't know if you can connect using ODBC to oracle 6 so i may be talking rubbish here. I have used this technique to migrate from Oracle 7.3.4 ( i think it was ) to a database on an AS400 and it worked OK and the performance was reasonable for the kigration.

HTH Pete Finnigan
www.pentest-limited.com

In article <eMzB7.90119$sF.7136628_at_news2-win.server.ntlworld.com>, Colin Carpenter <ccarpenter_at_colware.co.uk> writes

--
Pete Finnigan
IT Security Consultant

Office  01565 830 990