Re: ************Urgent EBU Question ****************

From: Mick Rice <mickrice_at_techie.com>
Date: 25 Oct 2001 02:57:20 -0700

This issue has now been fixed. In the end we worked out, after much anguish, that the particular version of EBU that we had installed was at fault. We upgraded from version 2.2.0.6.0 to version 2.2.1.0.0 and the problem went away. As far as we can tell the older version was truncating the last digit from the backup set number that was stored correctly in the backup catalog. A 'test' of the ebu script runs through correctly because it can identify all the files needed for recovery but then it tries to actually read the backupset from tape and falls over. This took us a day's lost business to uncover.

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose..... Received on Thu Oct 25 2001 - 04:57:20 CDT