Re: Any GUI interface in Oracle?

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 06:13:16 +1000

Not true. Access was used in my first attempt to load BLOBs, and it worked very well. A bound object frame is all you need -though you quickly discover that Access decompresses JPEGs before sending them to the database, so that a 75K image takes up around 750K of Oracle storage.

But even that can be sorted if you search for DBPIX -they have a download evaluation version which, when installed, gives you a new object frame type that doesn't decompress.

Regards
HJR

--

Oracle Resources : http://www.geocities.com/howardjr2000