Re: Redol logs

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 06:04:32 +1000

Asked (by me) just last week. I got help from a poster here (who may email you), but in the meantime, if you go to my site, and look for "Tips", "Backup and Recovery", you'll find a paper called 'what exactly happens when you issue the begin backup command'. In there, you'll find a long description of how much extra redo is generated in hot backup mode compared to normal, and the techniques for determining precisely how much extra are probably what you are after.

Regards
HJR

--

Oracle Resources : http://www.geocities.com/howardjr2000