Re: About open standby db read-only

From: Lothar Armbruester <lothar.armbruester_at_t-online.de>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 18:24:58 +0200

lanas wrote:
> hi all :
>
> How can she (my oracle standby db ) tell me
> "audit_trail destination incompatible with database open mode"
> when I opening it with read only option from db has been managed
> status .

Hi lanas,

I will make an educated guess. You have specified audit_trail=DB in your init file and you are auditing selects on some tables? Then the database tries to write the audit information into some tables in the sys schema. (Haven't their names at Hand right now.) But this fails because the DB is read only! The solution is to specify another audit trail (RTFM! ;-) or to turn off auditing for your read only database.

Hope that helps,
Lothar

--
Lothar Armbrüster       | la_at_oktagramm.de
Hauptstr. 26            | la_at_heptagramm.de