caching of packages and objects for several schemes

From: Tom <tomsonn_at_gmx.net>
Date: 24 Oct 2001 09:20:13 -0700

Hi everybody,

We've got a very strange behavoir: we have created several schemes for different versions of our product. And now it seems, that the caching of packages / objecttypes is oracle-user independend.

take the following example ( package ):
- the frontend (fe) and the db are working fine with schema A

take the following example ( object ):
- in every schema is a object-type defined ( same name, same
declaration )
- internally we're using the object-type for a 'select cast ( ... )'

The first problem might be a fe-problem, because when I'm working directly at the db the behavior is fine ... The second problem seems to be more a db-problem, because normally object-types should be 'global' ( isn't it, or why is it not possible to create a synonym for a object-type ? )

configuration:
Oracle 8.1.6
Bea Weblogic
Realm

Any ideas, bugfixes, workarrounds ? Thanx in advance. Tom Received on Wed Oct 24 2001 - 11:20:13 CDT