Re: Oracle 9i for WIN2000- install CDs

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 24 Oct 2001 00:22:49 -0700

"Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr_at_www.com> wrote in message news:<3bd5e3c4$0$9819$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au>...
> A "software only" (i.e., no template database to be created) install
> requires three disks. An install of just the Client also requests all three
> disks (though disk 2 s in there for a suspiciously short time). Net result:
> you need all three disks for just about any installation I've tried.

Thank you and also Pete Sharman for you helping. I know some SW which comes on three CDs, but only first is really important (Office 2000, Corel Draw 8 etc.). It seems that Oracle 9i is not like them, so I need all disks. My problem is that I have ISO images on one network, where only CD-Writer available is obsolete 4x Yamaha, so I'll spend 45 minutes until three CDs will be finished. OK, I will take some coffee and cakes and I'll spent an hour looking on screen with slowly increasing progress bar. 1% completed, 2%, 3% .... :-)

Dusan Bolek, Ing.
Oracle team leader

Note: pagesflames_at_usa.net has been cancelled due to changes (maybe we
can call it an overture to bankruptcy) on that server. I'm still using
this email to prevent SPAM. Maybe one day I will change it and have a
proper mail even for news, but right now I can be reached by this
email.