Re: waiting for logins to complete.

From: FaheemRao <faheemrao_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 23 Oct 2001 23:14:29 -0700

Ok One of the suspecious thing is that your Data file for Index is offline even though it was online before running of scripts.

Now how do you take backup of your datafiles , do you use a backup utility or you had a batch file for that as well.

One idea would be that your Backup routine runs before your Database shutdown scripts. so actually the backup procedure is trying to Copy the Oracle Data files before database is actually shutdown. and then in the that time your shutdown scripts tries to shutdown Database.

I am not sure is this is the case with you.

Faheem Rao