Re: partitionig table

From: Frank Hubeny <fhubeny_at_ntsource.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 21:56:15 -0700

You could load the data from the export file into the database and then create a new table from the old one without supplying partitioning information.

For example, supposed the partitioned table is TABLE1. Then the following create table statment will not create a partitioned table, because no partitioning information is supplied even though TABLE1 is partitioned.

create table table2 as select * from table1;

You can then drop TABLE1. TABLE2 will be a non-partitoned table containing the data that was in TABLE1. You can then rename TABLE2 to TABLE1 by running:

rename table2 to table1;

At this point any grants on this new table1 can be applied as appropriate.

Frank Hubeny