Re: Anyone to Install 8i or 9i on Win XP

From: Glenn Nyhan <gnyhan_at_bayarea.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 21:20:48 +0100

I have the same question i.e. Does anyone know yet whether Oracle 8i Standard Edition is compatible with the new Microsoft XP operating system? I am running Oracle 8i Standard Edition (installed Sept 1999) on a NT 4.0 workstation but the computer is aging and will have to be replace at the beginning of the New Year. In view of replacing the computer and re-installing Oracle 8i on the new machine, I was wondering if I should have the shop that makes my computers for me
install NT 4.0 or if I can move to XP and still run 8i without problems? And what about running Forms 6i and Reports 6i? Will they work as well.

Thanks in advance to whoever can answer this question.

Glenn