Re: Removing Names Server Services

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 16:12:35 +1000

There was a utility provided in NT's resource kit called (from memory something like srvctl.exe), which would delete any service at all.

I would imagine (though I have no proof) that something awfully similar would exist in the W2K Reource Kit.

You'll probably get replies that oradim will delete services. So it will -but (the last time I checked) it was only prepared to delete the services actually assiocated with a specific Instance, not generic services, and not ones like Listener or Names.

Regards
HJR "David Schell" <davidschell_at_home.com> wrote in message news:Vy2B7.20402$Gh2.6358594_at_news2.rdc1.bc.home.com...
> I have created a Names Server under W2K and now want to remove the
service?
> There does not seem to be away of removing it (check Net8 as well as
> namesctl.exe) ... also I have an old listener also configured as a
Service,