Re: New to Oracle

From: Stephen T. Parfitt <steve.parfitt_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 20:08:42 -0400

Get hold of "Oracle8I for Windows Nt Starter Kit" by Steve Bobrowski (McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing; ISBN: 007212248X). Follow it religiously and do ALL the exercises.

Then go back to page 1 and do it all again just to consolidate your knowledge. Once you have done that, you'll probably know at least as much about Oracle operation as do 80% of the people out there who claim to have Oracle 'knowledge'.

There's also "Oracle8I for Linux Starter Kit" which is probably a better place to start if you have any Linux or Unix experience as NT is the odd-one-out.

Steve Parfitt Received on Mon Oct 22 2001 - 19:08:42 CDT