Re: "Import succeded with warnings" and ERRORS!?

From: Rick Denoire <100.17706_at_germanynet.de>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 01:21:56 +0200

"Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr_at_www.com> wrote:

>There's a paper on cloning at my web site (see "Tips" "Administration").
>But at the heart of all cloning activities is getting your mits on the
>actual dbfs. If they are several Gbs big, I think -as you say- that this is
>not going to be an option for you either.

Let me say that I spent several days struggling with this question and I indeed was successfull doing the import. I now understand a lot more and feel able to manually inspect/edit/arrange all things as needed. By the way, the first time I set up the DB I was trying to import to, I did a "clone" by using the "BACKUP CONTROL FILE TO TRACE" command, copying the files and so on; it worked smoothly because I prepared myself well. I just did not know that this was called "cloning" and was suspecting another kind of technique, perhaps using RMAN or something...

But this was only possible because I got the support of all of you guys!

Thanks a lot!!

>Sounds like you've been tasked to do the bleedin' impossible with the
>infinitely improbable, and by yesterday to boot!

A kind of poetry??

Bye

Rick Received on Mon Oct 22 2001 - 18:21:56 CDT