Is it possible to rename an Oracle schema?

From: Huy Vu <huyv_at_usa.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 13:04:51 -0400

Hi all,

I'm curious if I can rename an Oracle schema without drop it and recreate it with another name. It took very long to drop our oracle schema (8.1.x).

Is there the equivalent of Informix statement "rename database x to y" in Oracle instance?

Thanks in advance for any advise.

DH Received on Mon Oct 22 2001 - 12:04:51 CDT