Re: Import INDEXFILE option doesn't work.

From: Charles J. Fisher <cfisher_at_rhadmin.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 16:40:09 GMT

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Kevin Brand wrote:

> If you did an exp INDEXES=N, there's no index DDL in the INDEXFILE upon imp
> INDEXFILE=???.
>
> Get another exp with INDEXES=y and rows=n, then do the imp show=y
> INDEXFILE=??? on the new file to get the DDL for implicitly created indexes.

Maybe I should be a little clearer about this...

The export was done with:

exp userid=sys/verysecret owner=siebel,siebel_amp file=spigot (fifo pipe to gzip).

The first import was done for the siebel user with INDEXES=N.

The INDEXFILE import was done as Couchman suggested in my previous message, by setting INDEXES=N INDEXFILE=index.sql.

The index.sql does not contain any CREATE INDEX directives (nor, should I add, does Couchman's example, upon closer examination - I'm glad that I already passed this exam!).

However:

	prdcrm2:/home/oracle # gzip -cd siebel.exp.gz | grep -i "create index"
		Binary file (standard input) matches

Why doesn't this work?

    / Charles J. Fisher              |"How ridiculous not to flee from one's /
   /  cfisher_at_rhadmin.org            | own wickedness, which is possible,   /
  /   http://rhadmin.org:81          | yet endeavor to flee from another's,/
 /                                   | which is not."  -Marcus Aurelius   /