Re: TNS adapter error...just advice, ok?

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 22 Oct 2001 07:20:45 -0700

vgalan_at_personal.ro (vg) wrote in message news:<54e5e6b4.0110220255.7ae8596e_at_posting.google.com>...
> One more thing...
>
> It seems that someone have deleted my ORA8I database!!! :-/
>
> Do you know any method to recreate it without reinstalling ORACLE?
>
> I go now to get myself drunk....

That looks like a sensible solution. :-) You can recreate database using Oracle database administrator in NT environment. If you're using UNIX you should use the guidelines from Oracle: Administration guide. There is no need to rewrite these guidelines here, because this is one of the best written parts in that book.

Dusan Bolek, Ing.
Oracle team leader

Note: pagesflames_at_usa.net has been cancelled due to changes (maybe we
can call it an overture to bankruptcy) on that server. I'm still using
this email to prevent SPAM. Maybe one day I will change it and have a
proper mail even for news, but right now I can be reached by this
email.