Insert data to remote database from a local database

From: Munzil Qureshi <munzil_at_computan.on.ca>
Date: 22 Oct 2001 06:56:01 -0700

Hello there, I have a small problem that I need some help with. I have 4 tables that are joined based on foreign key relationships. However, 2 of the 4 tables exist on both the local and remote database and the other 2 tables only exist on the remote database. Is there anyway I can do an insert to the remote database without using a database link? I heard it was possible using a PLSQL procedure, saving it to a file and emailing the file and running the script, but how can the insert be performed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, my email address is: munzil_at_computan.on.ca Received on Mon Oct 22 2001 - 08:56:01 CDT