Import INDEXFILE option doesn't work.

From: Charles J. Fisher <cfisher_at_rhadmin.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 13:50:35 GMT

Because my import was running so slow, I took some advice here and specified INDEXES=n, and got the data into the system faster.

Now, I would like to recreate the indexes.

I decided to try the INDEXFILE option, using the method outlined by Jason Couchman in his 8i OCP book on page 800.

The problem is that the SQL file generated by the INDEXFILE option is just a bunch of REMed CREATE/ALTER TABLE statements.

I read in an Oracle 7 book on exp/imp that interspersed in these REMed directives should be uncommented INDEX directives; why don't I see them?

   / Charles J. Fisher                   | "Those who do not understand UNIX /
  /  cfisher_at_rhadmin.org                 |  are condemned to reinvent it,   /
 /   http://rhadmin.org:81               |  poorly."   -- Henry Spencer    /