Re: TNS adapter error...just advice, ok?

From: vg <vgalan_at_personal.ro>
Date: 21 Oct 2001 23:48:29 -0700

  1. I apologize for my previous posting but I got a little frustrated because of this situation.
  2. YES, it's the notorious 12560 error. I read so many postings about this error I assumed everybody knows it.
  3. You may be right. I do have an ORACLE_SID registry key but only for my first database. My question is to what exactly should point this ORACLE_SID key in order to be able to create a new DB? And where should this key be added? ( ...\ORACLE\ALL_HOMES ? ) And of course, what value this key should have? ORCL?

Thank you again for your time and patience...

VG.