Why OEM (Win) cannot create datafiles > 1GB on AIX?

From: Huy Vu <huyv_at_usa.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 01:09:01 -0400

Hi all,

I tried to add a 2Gb datafile in Oracle 8.1.7 database on Aix 4.3.3 remotely from OEM 8.1.6 for Win2000. But maximum file size of datafile created still cannot overcome 1GB space. The file system that I want to create the datafile has 4GB free space (JFS, large files support).

I increased the filesize value for 'oracle' user (/etc/security/limits, I think) to 4GB but still cannot add a datafile bigger that 1GB. Do I need to reboot the server after increased the filesize value for oracle user?

Which user under Unix will execute the remote command of system user from OEM for windows? I think it's oracle user but I still cannot create a big datafile after increased the filesize value for oracle user??

Thanks in advance for any help.

DH Received on Sun Oct 21 2001 - 00:09:01 CDT