O9iAS install on Pentium 4/Win2K with O9iDB

From: Jim Anderson <janders2_at_san.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 00:50:32 GMT

I just got the O9iAS 1.0.2.2.0 'test track' CDs and did not find the word "pentium" in the release notes pdf. The 'known issues' section is 40 pages (yikes) and says nothing about pentium 4 issues. However, there has been a Pentium 4 issue since O9i was first released. The most serious issue is the Symantec JIT/Java VM incompatibilties.

I've installed O9iDB 9.0.1 on a P4 1.5Gz, 512Mg Ram, Win2K with success!

Can anyone provide an opinion as to which will be the less painful course of action for me?

  1. Install O9iAS 1.0.2.2.0 on Pentium 4 with Win2K,O9iDB 9.0.1
  2. Pull out each of my finger nails with a pair of tweezers

?
Jim Received on Fri Oct 19 2001 - 19:50:32 CDT