Re: Oracle versus MS Sql Server

From: TurkBear <noone_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 15:17:49 -0500

Maybe its time to ask what 'does not work' in your connect example means.. ( without NTS)..
also,
Here are some details about SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES from the on-line docs:

Purpose:
 Enables one or more authentication services. If authentication has been installed, it is recommended that this parameter be set to either NONE or to one of the authentication methods.

Default:
 None

Values:
 Authentication Available with Net8:

NONE - No authentication methods are used. A valid user name and password can be used to access the database.

ALL - Enables all authentication methods to be used

BEQ - Uses the Bequeath protocol

NDS - Uses NDS authentication

NTS - Uses Windows NT native authentication

Authentication Available with Oracle Advanced Security:

KERBEROS5 - Uses Kerberos authentication

SECURID - Uses SecurID authentication

CYBERSAFE - Uses Cybersafe authentication

IDENTIX - Uses Identix authentication

RADIUS - Uses RADIUS authentication

DCEGSSAPI - Uses DCE GSSAPI authentication

See Also: Oracle Advanced Security Administrator's Guide

Example:
 sqlnet.authentication_services=(beq, kerberos5, cybersafe)

hth

John G