Re: idle session monitor

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 19:18:07 +0200

"Ed Lufker" <elufker_at_shimi.swcp.com> wrote in message news:9qp94d$hr2$1_at_sloth.swcp.com...
> Hi all:
>
> I am looking for a program, script, procedure or something to monitor idle
> processes and log them off after a defined time period. Does anyone know
> of such a program?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help here.
> Eddie Lufker

It is not that difficult to write
You need the v$session table
with status <> 'ACTIVE'
and last_call_et_time > 0
The latter column lists in the number of seconds (or milliseconds, the doc is vague about it) since the last command.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Fri Oct 19 2001 - 12:18:07 CDT