Re: Oracle versus MS Sql Server

From: Mark Townsend <markbtownsend_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 14:41:56 GMT

in article B7F585D2.3BF5%markbtownsend_at_home.com, Mark Townsend at markbtownsend_at_home.com wrote on 10/19/01 7:25 AM:

> Make sure that the OS credential you set up in Oracle Management Server is a
> valid NT user with the correct system permissions to run batch jobs.

I see in antoher post that you state you have already done this - however, finger trouble may get in the way - check that the userid can actually log in without error messages etc.

99.9999% of the time, this is the problem that causes the above message. However, you can also see it if the credential is in a different domain than the OEM agent and the two domains can't communicate. This, with the previous problem you had with NT authentication, makes me convinced that you have some sort of wierd domain flakiness going on in your NT environment. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about W2000 to help you debug this. I'd suggest that you call Oracle Support and get them on the case, or alternatively, as a test, repeat the process on a different machine, preferably one which isn't the PDC. Received on Fri Oct 19 2001 - 09:41:56 CDT