Re: Oracle versus MS Sql Server

From: Michael G. Schneider <mgs_at_mgs-software.de>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 14:37:54 +0200

"Nuno Souto" <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3bd01194.5336756_at_news.optusnet.com.au...

> Database administration is NOT software development. The complaints
> you noted related to components used to administer the database.
> These, I want to be the same across the board.

Unfortunately DBAs are not the only persons working with these components. Even I as a Windows-only software developer have to deal with them.

> Yes, there would. Those of us (and there are heaps) who have to deal
> with multiple platforms want one and only one administration
> interface. The current one satisfies that requirement. It's not
> perfect, but getting there.

Why do you bother about the Windows interface at all? You can administer all you Oracle databases from your most favorite operating system. Can't you?

Michael G. Schneider Received on Fri Oct 19 2001 - 07:37:54 CDT