SYSTEM tablespace question

From: Tyszcenko, Robert A. <rtyszcen_at_mitre.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 07:43:57 -0400

I'm a junior DBA at a new site, and the current "DBA" created a new database recently. It appears that he took the default PCTINCREASE for the SYSTEM tablespace, which is 50. I always thought that 0 is the recommended PCTINCREASE.

What, if any, problems are we likely to experience down the road. By the way, this will be a 10+ Terabyte data warehouse.

Thanks,

Bob Received on Fri Oct 19 2001 - 06:43:57 CDT