Re: Oracle versus MS Sql Server

From: Michael G. Schneider <mgs_at_mgs-software.de>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 10:11:28 +0200

"Mark Townsend" <markbtownsend_at_home.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:B7F51BFF.3B71%markbtownsend_at_home.com...
> in article 9qofar$h2d$07$1_at_news.t-online.com, Michael G. Schneider at
> mgs_at_mgs-software.de wrote on 10/18/01 11:07 PM:
>
> > maybe PDC same as Oracle server
>
> This is typically the problem, especially when you have logged onto a
> disconnected machine under a domain that goes of looking for it's PDC.

In this case it has not been a disconnected machine. The PC has been a Windows 2000 Server, being the PDC with Active Directory installed. The Oracle database been installed on that server. All tests have taken place on that server.

Finally the Management Server could be started by changing that setting. However, still not all problems are solved. See my post "Oracle 8.1.7, Import / Export, VNI-2015 Authentication Error" from Oct 16th.

Michael G. Schneider Received on Fri Oct 19 2001 - 03:11:28 CDT