Re: Oracle versus MS Sql Server

From: Michael G. Schneider <mgs_at_mgs-software.de>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 07:48:07 +0200

"Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:tsuhkmo24ej05c_at_corp.supernews.com...

> OK,
> If you don't like Oracle, why not stick to sqlserver, and continue to use
> non-scalable software.
> Many people can install Oracle without problems. That you can't doesn't
> prove Oracle is a bad product.
> How many programs,do you think, there are, that run on Windows, and do NOT
> strictly follow the Windows 'standards'?
> Did you ever seriously tried to inform yourself how Microsoft came to
power?
> Do you think Microsoft makes the best software there is?
> In that case you need to be deprogrammed :)

This is really a strange world. Ok, this is a news group with "Oracle" in it's name. But...

All I did was to point on some features, which (in my personal opinion) could be improved with Oracle. The initial post was a very pro-Oracle description, and why shouldn't somebody show some subjects which don't work optimally on the Windows plattform?

It is wrong, that I do not like Oracle in general. It's a very good database, it has some very strong features. But I really doubt, that it is absolutely necessary, to present itsself that bad, when it comes to the Windows plattform. It's a big task, but complex software doesn't necessarily have to be installed and maintained in a complex way.

I am a professional software developer. I do Windows only. All of my hardware is Windows only. If Oracle wants to have people like me as users, maybe they shouldn't completely ignore these people's comments.

I do not understand why you posted these remarks. I think they are not a fair answer to my posts in this thread.

Michael G. Schneider Received on Fri Oct 19 2001 - 00:48:07 CDT