Re: Moving a sqlplus script to pl/sql question

From: Spencer <spencerp_at_swbell.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 02:50:46 GMT

connect usr/pwd_at_dbase
PROMPT Enter Number to be updated:
ACCEPT Vnum char FORMAT 'A7'

set serveroutput on
declare
  v_num table.col2%type := UPPER('&Vnum'); begin
  update table
  set col_1 = 'N'
  where col_2 = lv_num
  and col_1 = 'Y';
  dbms_output.put_line('updating 2nd table');   update table2
  set col_1 = 'N'
  where col_2 = lv_num
  and col_1 = 'Y';
  dbms_output.put_line('deleting from table 3');   delete from table3
  where col_2 = lv_num;
  dbms_output.put_line('committing');
  commit;
end;