Database connection problem in PRO*C

From: Laiying <xiaozhang68_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 18 Oct 2001 17:53:03 -0700

Our development environment has just been upgraded from HP10 to HP11 and database from Oracle 7.3.4.0 to Oracle 8.0.6.0.

Now, I am having problems with one of PRO*C programs. The old executable( compiled in the old enviroment HP10/Oracle734) is working fine in the new environment. But after I successfully re-compiled this program in the new environment, the new executable is not working and stops at the statement: 'EXEC SQL CONNECT: userid'. I have checked the userid and Oracle settings, they are correct. Right after the EXEC SQL, I've try
checking the the status of connection, but it never gets there. The only change to the make file is using
$(ORACLE8_HOME)/precomp/lib/env_precomp.mk instead of using
$(ORACLE7_HOME)/precomp/env_precomp.mk

Other PRO*C programs which are using exactly same connecting statemment are working fine.

Anyone have any ideas, I would appreciate them?

Thanks,
JW Received on Thu Oct 18 2001 - 19:53:03 CDT