Re: Oracle versus MS Sql Server

From: Michael G. Schneider <mgs_at_mgs-software.de>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 21:35:43 +0200

"David Fitzjarrell" <oratune_at_msn.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:32d39fb1.0110180722.57e2052c_at_posting.google.com...
> Of course, a quick read of the pre-installation checklist would help
tremendously...

One of the things I found the hard way, was the following:

If you do a standard installation of Oracle 8.1.7 under Windows 2000 and then want to use the Management Server, you will have to change

  SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICE=(NTS) to

   SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICE=() which, in spite of intensive reading I did not find in the pre-installation checklist. If you are able to do so, please show me the appropriate place on the CD. Of course, my next question would then be, why it is only documented but not implemented.

Michael G. Schneider Received on Thu Oct 18 2001 - 14:35:43 CDT