Re: Tools to read core Oracle controlfiles, redo log files and data files?

From: Tommy Svensson <tkman23_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 18 Oct 2001 08:31:06 -0700

> You're out of luck
> Not only 7.3.4 is desupported, but a tool to read redolog files, call
> logminer, exists for 8.0 and higher only.

First about the desupported, the company I work for still have support contract for our 7.3.4 with Oracle.
The information I have got from Oracle is that ECS (Error Correction Support) was cancel 2000-12-31 but EMS (Extended maintenance support) will continue until 2002-12-31, right?

> For 7.3.4 there existed a 3rd party tool, but I don't recall the name.
>
> Not sure what you're up to also. Reverse engineering is of course prohibited

I am only interesting in finding a why to found out which controlfile is the latest one (have the latest scn) and which controlfile which match the datafile without using the try-and-fail method, i.e. Change the controlfile sections in the init<SID>.ora parameter file to only point to the first controlfile #1 and then try to mount the database if it fail, try with only controlfile #2 and so on until success if not success restore controlfile and datafile from previous backup.

Kind regards

//Tommy Received on Thu Oct 18 2001 - 10:31:06 CDT