starting Oracle on Linux

From: Alexandr Belovol <rockwell_at_enlux.dp.ua>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 14:48:37 -0700

Hi all,

we have a problem in starting Oracle.... Can anyone describe exact sequence of steps to correct start Oracle after successfull installation? What the binaries should run in the background?

We start oracle listener without problem. Then, almost any utility, no matter shell or graphic, print the next error: ORA-03113 end-of-file on communication channel.

It looks like we cannot conect to oracle main service. We tried to run 'oracle' binary, it writes 'Aborted' and exits.

Platform Oracle 8.1.7 EE/SuSE 7.2 PE

Please help !!!

Alexey Tulin,
Archer Software Received on Thu Oct 18 2001 - 16:48:37 CDT