Re: can not login OMS, VTK-1000 error

From: Marty Grinstead <marty_grinstead_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 20:23:14 -0000

VTK-1000 simply means that the console cannot find the management server running on the host you specified in the console login screen.

This can be caused by either the OMS is not really running, or you have a problem with hostname resolution issue, multiple NICs on the OMS machine (and it bound to a differnt IP address than you were expecting) or lastly, a firewall between the console and the OMS.

Nothing magic, just networking (TCP/IP, not sqlnet/net8).