Re: Is pl/sql still in wide use as a development tool for Oracle?

From: Dave Haas <davehaas_at_--nospam--hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 22:21:53 GMT

Hi Christopher.

PL/SQL development is most decidedly alive and well. A lot of the new functionality that comes in the Oracle database is now actually delivered through the use of PL/SQL packages.

It is true that there are other development environments that you can use to access the database (your knowledge of perl will do you well), and there are some recent additions to writing stored code (notably Java) inside the database, but PL/SQL is still the language of choice.

Just my 3 cents (inflation)

DH