Re: sqlldr performance

From: TurkBear <noone_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 14:18:26 -0500

If you mean 20 million records distributed among 30 tables, i.e. some rows to each table, but no row to more than one, and some field in the data being loaded determines which table gets that row, then you can run multiple sqlldrs specifying the table for that data in a

'when field_with_key = 'tablekey'
into table 'correct_table'

construct in the CTL file..
( see the utilities docs for more detail..) This will prevent more than one sqlldr writing to the same table.. ( If you need a more flexible solution, use a good ETL tool to distribute the data like Ascential Software's DataStage XE)

hth