RMAN error - archived log not found

From: DJ <dj18_at_alive95.net>
Date: 17 Oct 2001 08:54:31 -0700

We run RMAN with a nocatalog option, Oracle version 8.0.6. We inadvertantly deleted some archive logs. Now my backup script won't run. The script backs up the archive logs and then executes archivelog all delete input. Since the logs got deleted, the backup of our logs is erroring out, so none are getting deleted. My filesystem will fill up tomorrow. I am very new to Oracle and am unsure as to what to do. I have researched and found this command:

change archivelog all validate;

Will this fix it or make it worse? Can anyone tell me what this would do? Or tell me how I can get it to "forget about" the missing archive logs.

Thanks in advance,
DJ Received on Wed Oct 17 2001 - 10:54:31 CDT