ORA-01031 creating the database;newbie

From: raul <raulb_es_at_NOSPAM.yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 16:46:11 +0200

Hello,

Sorry if this is a very basic question but I am new to this "world". I am trying to install 8.1.5 enterprise under Solaris7 and ,during the proccess, OUI asks for a database to create ; I am using a test SID name just to check everything is OK and I got the "insufficient privileges " message when it tries to create the files.

USER --> oracle ( group oinstall ) although I also checked with "dba".

Any idea ?
thanks for your ideas
raśl Received on Wed Oct 17 2001 - 09:46:11 CDT