Oracle 8.1.7EE on WinNT SP6 Service start errors

From: Martyn <martyn.baker_at_yourcommunications.co.uk>
Date: 17 Oct 2001 06:37:45 -0700

Hi,
Upgraded an Oracle database from 8.0.5 to 8.1.7 Enterprise Edition on Windows NT SP6 successfully. However due to problems with the Backup Exec software, NT Support decided to rebuild the server from scratch. After the rebuild they restored the database files and I reinstalled Oracle 8.1.7. The install went OK until the very end when it couldn't start the Agent and Datagatherer services.

When I try to start the Agent Service I get the message: Error 0007: The storage control blocks were destroyed

The Datagatherer Service fails with:
Error 2140: An internal Windows NT error occurred

The HTTPServer fails with:
The dynamic link library Perl.dll could not be found in the specified path
followed by:
Error 2186: The service is not responding to the control function

I think that there's something amiss with the server, NT Support think that the problem is with Oracle.
Is Oracle 8.1.7EE on NT SP6 a valid combination?

Thnaks,
Martyn Received on Wed Oct 17 2001 - 08:37:45 CDT