Complex Tree traversal program needed in PLSQL !!!

From: mark <mark_brehmen_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 Oct 2001 05:09:54 -0700

I have gone through several postings in deja and celko's book, but an actual algorithm to do this eludes me. I have tried programming this myself but without much luck :-(

I have 10 views , assume View A has View B and View C included in its SELECT Clause. View B has View E and View F in its select clause

e.g View A is defined as Select blah, blah from View B, View C where...

    View B is defined as Select blah Blah from View E , View F , View G where...

Now , i want to traverse all Views given a View Name . I want to traverse the tree given a view Name and find out how many views are defined for a given view. My application is complex and i want a procedure to do this.

Any help folks.? . Time is not constraint in tree traversal.

Note : I heard Oracle has enhanced CONNECT Features in 9i. But please dont tell me to buy it :-). I should not use CONNECT too. I want plain simple PL SQL functions or procedures. Received on Wed Oct 17 2001 - 07:09:54 CDT